29 May 2010

Shared Medical Appointments (SMAs)

When I came across this topic I found that I needed to reread as I was completely taken by surprise. Shared Medical Appointments (SMAs) may well be part of the future, but I am not sure that I will see it, even though it is said that this is in use now.

This may be possible and it sounds like it is workable. However, I will leave that for those good in theory and theoretical interpretation. Both articles appear in the same issue. One article is about a study of how SMAs have worked effectively. The other article is a discussion of the advantages and shortcomings in SMA's.

The claim of WIN - WIN – WIN will have to be seen and the one statement I will agree is the last statement made under the summary - “SMAs are not for every physician or patient”.

No comments:

Post a Comment