09 February 2011

Much TODO About the Florida Ruling

At least one medical blogger has it right about the Affordable Care Act. Bob Doherty has a good blog on February 2, 2011 and addresses the issues. Of medical bloggers, he does very well in not being impassioned on either side of the issue. He does stick to the facts. Some of the commentors seem very passionate about the issues.

This makes some sense and explains some of the news I heard on the first and second day. Since I do not trust much of the media, I have been hesitant to continue writing about much of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) until the issue has been clarified.

Since the Obama administration has seemed fit to brush aside the court, and continue as if nothing has happened, it may be wise to understand what is at stake. We know that much of the funding for ACA will not make it through congress. This leaves me to wonder how the administration is going to divert funds to keep things in motion. There is a large sum of prior funds that is not accounted for and may be available.

I know that many of the 26 states involved with this lawsuit are considering requesting this go directly to the Supreme Court. Since I do not have the legal expertize, all I can say is that I hope it will need to take its time in the courts. This issue needs to be fresh in the minds of voters in the 2012 election.

Bob Doherty does ask some pointed questions, and most commentors do not address them directly. The medical community does need to be concerned, and Doherty does address some of the issues, but I think wisely does not try to solve them. These may be for for future blogs for him.

Read his blog here and follow several of his links as they do provide some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment