16 October 2010

The New England Journal of Medicine

I don't know if it is me, but I find this very disturbing. When a respected journal of medicine decides to weigh in on a political issue, I have to wonder what is happening and what future messages are going to be. Is this a prelude to a political positioning of medical issues.

While this is dated October 6, 2010, it appears to be almost an appeal for letting the ACA (Affordable Care Act) to continue and not be blocked, repealed, or otherwise crippled.

I am very suspicious of a medical journal (NEMJ) that covers political issues. I hope I am wrong, but I will reserve my right to continue to criticize the NEMJ for becoming involved in political issues. While the ACA is possibly our medical future, a reporting forum does not seem appropriate for this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment